The A-Z Reading Challenge - My Picks

by - December 04, 2023


As we are closely approaching the end of 2023 and the beginning of 2024, I thought it was time I prepared and set my reading challenge for 2024.

Usually, I just follow the reading challenge on GoodReads and set myself a yearly challenge that is more than my previous. In 2022, I read 15/12 books. My goal for 2022 was to read at least one book and month, which I over succeeded in. In 2023, I set myself the challenge of reading 15 books a year. However, part way through the year I had so many books I wanted to read that I decided to do 2 books a month, which in the last few months had upped again to 3 a month. So my goal for 2023 is unclear, but if going on the initial goal, I’ve again over succeeded.
For 2024, I was going to read 3 books a month, but I decided that the challenge of reading more than the previous year would probably become unsustainable with work, life and book slumps. So when I came across the A-Z Reading challenge on reading groups, I knew that was going to be my 2024 reading goal. The A-Z Reading Challenge is pretty self explanatory where you read a book with a title starting with each letter of the alphabet. Very simple and not very challenging. The challenge probably would have been to pick a book when the time comes. However, I’ve researched and planned out my books in advance (I like to plan). I’ve even planned out which books I’m reading when. The rules of the challenge are that each book must start with each letter of the alphabet. For letter such as A and T, the title cannot be filler words such as ‘The’ and ‘A’.

For my A-Z Reading Challenge, I decided to include a mixture of genres (by mixture, I mean two genres) consisting of romance and my new discovery – psychological thrillers. I also set the challenge of reading from a variety of different authors to widen my authors list. I don’t know if this is classed as cheating, but I’ve included a lot of series that coincidentally fit into a letter of the alphabet. I did think of doing it where it’s not a series, but I can’t start a series and not read the next one. The way I’ve set out my challenges, I wouldn’t be able to read other books on the series until 2025 and I have a memory like a sieve (hence the book blog). Alternatively, I did think about doing it in alphabetical order or picking a letter from a jar – however, that wouldn’t work for books in a series. 

I still intend to write my book reviews for each book, but at the end of the year I intend to make a whole review of my challenge with my ratings only.

Some of letters have more than one book title, as I’m unsure on which to go for. I’m not being super strict with books I’ve set below, if another book takes my fancy and I want to read it over a book listed – then I’ll read it, just long as it starts with a letter of the alphabet that hasn’t been used. Additionally, I’ve also got a ‘TBR jar’ with a load of books I want to read outside of the challenge, incase I have time to read a book that didn’t make the A-X Challenge. 

My A-Z Reading Challenge: 

A – All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover 

B – Brutal Prince by Sophie Lark

C – Charlie, Love and Cliches by Ella Maise

D – Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

E – Every Last Secret by A.R Torre

F – Forever Never by Lucy Score

G – Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn 

H – Hopeless by Elsie Silver 

I – Icebreaker by Hannah Grace 

J – Josh and Hazel’s Guide To Not Dating by Christina Lauren 

K – King of Greed by Ana Huang 

L – Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren

M – My Killer Vacation by Tessa Bailey 

N – Never Lie by Frieda McFadden

O – One Italian Summer by Rebecca Serle

P – Powerless by Elsie Silver

Q – Quiet in Her Bones by Nalini Singh

R – Reckless by Elsie Silver

S – Stolen Heir by Sophie Lark

T – Things We Never Got Over by Lucy Score 

U – Unfortunately Yours by Tessa Bailey 

V – Virtuous Lies by Haley Jenner 

W – Window Shopping by Tessa Bailey 

X – Xeni by Rebekah Weatherspoon

Y – You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle / You Shouldn’t Have Come Here by Jeneva Rose 

Z – Zero Days by Ruth Ware 

I’m looking forward to completing this challenge and seeing how much I enjoy the books I carefully chose. Although I feel like the challenge has been reduced, since I’ve already researched the books, so it’s not so much as a challenge – oh well! 

Georgia

You May Also Like

0 comments