Reckless by Elsie Silver - A Book Review

by - September 11, 2024



Synopsis:

Theo Silva. Rowdy bull rider, notorious ladies’ man, scorching hot trouble wrapped up in a drool-worthy package.

And he’s looking at me like I might be his next meal.
I’m almost free of my toxic marriage and have sworn off men entirely. So all I see when I look at Theo is temptation served up with a heaping side of heartbreak.

The man is hard to trust-and even harder to resist. Make that impossible. Because Theo is persistent. And no matter how hard I try to freeze him out, he melts my icy exterior and pulls apart all my defences. Then I spend the singular hottest night of my life with him.

It was supposed to be a one-time thing. A secret. But that little plus sign is going to make this secret impossible to keep.

Genre: Contemporary Romance 

Tropes:
  • He Falls First 
  • Accidental Pregnancy 
  • One Night Stand
  • Reverse Grumpy X Sunshine
My Thoughts:

I was worried that after reading Powerless and Quiet In Her Bones that my motivation would been severely impacted when it came to reading letter R of my A-Z Reading Challenge. However, my friend Izzy reassured me that Reckless was another top book by Elsie Silver and had made her feel feelings similar to when she read Heartless. So it’s safe to say, my excitement returned very quickly.

Reckless follows Winter Hamilton, estranged sister of Summer Hamilton who arrives in Chestnut Springs to escape her controlling ex husband and start a new life as doctor at the local medical centre. 

When she arrives she is met with cocky and irritating Theo Silver, who she had a run in with at the gas station. Theo instantly takes an attraction to Winter and enjoys messing her around.

After the pair embark on a drunken night out, the pair end up sleeping with one another, leading to Winter to become pregnant, despite her being told she’d never have kids. 
When Winter discloses her pregnancy to Theo, she is met with a message from him expressing his un interest to father the baby they created. 

The story progresses nine months later, where Winter has given birth to a baby girl named Vivienne and is navigating being a single mum, whilst attempting to reconcile her relationship with Summer. Winter is surrounded by the support of the Eaton family, who are unaware of the identity of the father of Vivienne. 
Theo returns home, shocked to find Winter is a mother and when speaking to someone, he puts the pieces together and realises he is Vivienne’s father. 

After his discovery, Theo is devastated to learn he missed out on his daughter’s birth and to witness Winter step into motherhood. The pair discuss the night Winter messaged Theo about her pregnancy, where Theo reveals he handed his phone over to his assistant who was responsible for his response. 

The story follows the pair navigating co parenting, whilst Theo attempts show Winter that he is trustworthy and not like the guy she believed him to be from “his” initial response. 

Theo shows Winter how consistent he can be, by constantly being around, for not only his daughter, but also for Winter.

As the pair spend more time together, the spark between them reignites, leading Winter to put her defences up out of fear that she’ll be hurt again. 

Theo becomes protective over Winter and Vivienne after discovering that Winter’s ex husband has been sending her messages threatening her to take Vivienne off her. This leads to Winter to undergo a DNA test with Vivienne to prove the father of her daughter. This leads Theo to have some doubts about whether he is the father of Vivienne, which puts a strain between Theo and Winter. When the tests come back, it reveals that Theo is the father of Vivienne. 

The tension between the pair continues to develop, where Winter finally sees for herself that Theo is all in, whether she is ready for him or not. Theo provides Winter with the love and comfort she never had growing up and helps her learn that she is lovable, despite her having negative thoughts about her self worth. 


THEO SILVER!!! The man that you are 🥵😮‍💨.

It is definitely safe to say that I fell IN LOVE with Theo in this book, pretty much from the start. 

I love that we were introduced to them towards the end of Powerless and how the beginning of Reckless picked straight up from when they were introduced in Powerless! 
I felt so sympathetic towards winter and her story with her sister Summer from Flawless. I felt a lot of emotions for her during her inner monologue of self doubt and negativity of her self. I truly believed she deserved the world in her book and I felt like I just wanted to give her a big hug. I can’t remember how I felt towards her before reading her story, but I imagine it wasn’t the most positive. 

I have to take my hat off because I didn’t think I was a reverse Grumpy X Sunshine type of gal. Typically I like them to be a broody male character and a sunshine female lead, but what I’ve discovered recently and in a few other books, is that I lovethe reverse grumpy sunshine trope. I loved both Winter and Theo’s personality’s and how they bantered back and forth. I love how Theo’s sunshine personality was more of a flirty and tease, then I loved how Winter’s grumpy personality was more guarded, but could give back the energy. 

Gawd! I just loved everything about this book and I was silently screaming SO much at 1am. I haven’t felt like this for two characters since Heartless I don’t think. I felt all the emotions in this book – the laughing, the giddiness and the giggling. 

I loved the family dynamic as always. I loved Harvey’s little comments and LOVED seeing Theo being protective of Winter at the table with Beau. I loved the featuring of previous characters and being reminded of their personalities, such as Willa with her antics and interactions with Luke and Harvey, and Rhett with his dry humour line liners. 

I truly am going to miss the Chestnut Springs universe, but I still have the final book to read, which I’m savouring. I also have the Gold Rush Ranch to read which I’m also savouring! 



My Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Georgia 
🌷

You May Also Like

0 comments